Sunday, November 9, 2008

I love you

I'd cry if i thought it make you get here any quicker. I'd scream if i thought it'd make you leave sooner. I'd love you if i thought we could make it........I.L.O.V.E.Y.O.U.

The grass is wet beneath our bare feet.
We find ourselves swaying in a dance.
Like stalks of grain in a summer wind.
The green grass is wet.

The night envelopes us in its embrace.
Our hands are clasped tightly as,
We try to find our way out of the dark
The night is black and cold.

The blankets bind us tightly together.
Tangled in a sweaty masquerade.
The sweet kiss can't hide regret
Lost in pain's grey wake.

Your lungs gasp for want of air
Your tears flow from hidden eyes
We never got to speak the truth
Red wounds stain hands

The requiem echo's its remorse
My soul will wait for yours
To create what fate wouldn't
The grave is brown.

No comments: