Monday, September 20, 2010

The List (Guys)










This seems to be my thing lately, stealing ideas for posts from my friends. This particular one is from my lovely friend Cat. She made a list of her favorite guys. I too will follow suite. The problem is I have a long list depending on the criteria. Actors, musicians, real life figures, men I'd go gay for, it's rediculous really.

So here is my criteria, Guys who have shaped who I am. There is no particular order, we'll just say they all are at the same level.

- Chris Carrabba


Chris, Chris is amazing. My 8th grade year and the following summer before High School introduced me to a musical genre that has since changed my life. I stumbled across a band known as Further Seems Forever and there fell in love with the lead singer. This was Chris. He stole my heart again soon after when he created Dashboard Confessional and put out perhaps the best album of music I will ever hear, Swiss Army Romance. Dashboard defined by highschool life, it got me through the worst of times and the best of times. Had I known then that a decade later I would shake his hand and meet him in person, I surely would have spent the next 10 years without sleep. The anticipation would have been the death of me. Shaking his hand was... can't even describe it. Oh Chris, Thank you. (If you haven't heard him live and acoustic, you are truly missing out. Also, he's freakin hot as hell.)


-Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce (Alan Alda), M*A*S*H


I can't remember when I first started watching MASH. I do remember though, that I was young enough to think I had stumbled upon something inappropriate and adult. I remember feeling ashamed the first time my mother caught me watching, only to feel overjoyed when she told me she liked it and was fine with me watching it. That's all the urging I needed. It used to run during the morning from 10-11 am. I'd watch it all summer and then during the school year when I was sick enough to stay home. Hawkeye became my idol. He was everything I wanted to be. He was smart, skilled, laidback, sensative, a ladies man, a drunk, sarcastic, witty, caring, and funny as hell. I really think the reason I turned out to be such a sarcastic smartass was because I wanted to be like Hawkeye. In one episode they call him a pistol because he always had a comeback. I too wanted to be a pistol. I've slowly collected most of the season and have seen every episode a million times. I love it. (The Movie sucks ballllls though. Seriously, Donald Sutherland, seriously!?) (When I first got called to Iowa, the first think I did was look up where Ottumawa was because that's where Radar is from.)

-John Stockton and Karl Malone




I can't really say much more than these two were my heroes during my childhood. I Loved them and was heartbroken when they retired without a ring. No two ball players were ever as good together as these. They were the ying and yang of basketball. I never knew how much I would miss them as I do now knowing I can't see them play anymore. There aren't players built like these two anywhere in the game. They played through everything, they didn't care about the money, they worked their ass off. Stockton to Malone, the perfect combination.

and for kicks and giggles

-Chad Michael Murray


Lucas Scott, One Tree Hill. The one guy I'd go gay for. He's dreamy, he's smart, he plays ball, he gets all the hot chicks (Sophia Bush baby). He's a stud. A Guilty pleasure. I mean look at those sultry brooding eyes. Hell yes. The only regret I have is that he got divorced from Mrs. Bush. Mock all you want.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

Oh, Alan Alda.

Jason said...

Where the fk did all my pictures go!?