Thursday, July 29, 2010

Choose your own adventure

It's lush. The way you walk around like you own the place. You act as though every room was carefully designed just to hold your presence as it's center of attention. The chairs, tables, lamps, carpeting, wall decorations, and all other assortments of furniture were placed in such a way that you in all your glory would shine brightest. The world is your stage..... Bitch.

That's when I realize this is my story. The person stealing all my glory is me....only it's everything I could be. Meanwhile, I'm really just coddled away in the corner of every room like another piece of decor. I'm a throw away character in the novel written for me and by me. This is my life. This....

That's when you hear it. Do something about it. Stop complaining.

What a hypocritical code......

A universal condition put to shame by such a shallow judgement. This is a choose your own adventure book. Somehow though, we all find ourselves landing on the same page. The: "We don't feel adequate page." The vulnerablity and insecurities that unite us in a common bond but are expressed in different ways. However, it also divides us from ourselves. The best of ourselves. In our solitary moments, in our consquences be damned moments; we shine. We radiate power. We fulfill ourselves.

This is your adventure. Your stage. Your world. You sit in the corner watching the shadow of you own the place. There are moments though that you take it's place. That the decorations and furniture and people in your story are the subtext to the glory that is you. You fulfill yourself.

You are the star.

So consquences be damned, bitch slap everyone and take your rightful place.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Nice work from the quiet man in the corner. Seriously. Very well expressed. Universal I think.

...hoping your friend's mama making a comment on your blog doesn't freak you out.